Self-employed Persons Program
The Self-employed Persons Program is a Canada immigration program for self-employed person.
- have at least 2 years relevant self-employed experience, preferably in cultural activities or athletics; or
- World-class in cultural activities or athletics
- depending on background of applicants
What are the competitive edges:
- Obtain permanent residency directly, no need to go through a “work permit” stage
- No specific investment requirements
Self-employed Persons Program is suitable for:
- This category is most suitable for artists, designers, photographers, athletes, and musicians.
- World-class level in cultural activities or athletics
- Self-employed business owner, who can come up with a convincing business plan that they can earn their living and make a contribution to Canada, may also be considered